Thursday, January 7, 2010

2 girls and 1boy!!!

I went to my first appointment at Perinatal Associates today. I saw Dr. Saldana and was very happy with him. They did an ultrasound and, though they said it was probably too early to tell, we saw 2 girls and 1 boy! We are very excited. Now we can start working on names and the nursery. All of them are measuring right on schedule. Their only minor concern is that the boy's cord is attached to the placenta off center, so they have to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't migrate too far. I was totally wrong on which baby was which. "A" (the one closest to my cervix or lowest) is the boy, "B" and "C" are the girls. The two that were hitting and kicking each other at the last ultrasound are a boy and a girl. I was at least right about "B."

He said my cervix is still long and fully closed which is great. No work or activity restrictions unless it starts to open or shorten. Just need to sit down at least every 2 hours at work. He said to keep eating and drinking lots. He said I need 4 glasses of milk a day! I like milk but wow!

My next appointment is in 4 weeks. It will be a long ultrasound and they will examine their brains, hearts, and do lots of measurements. Thanks for your continued prayers!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am glad Adam is getting at least 1 boy out of this deal :) He (and Baby A) are really gonna be outnumbered. So glad to hear that everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, I can't wait to hear the names!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you like Dr. Saldana. IF IF IF IF I ever get pregnant again (and that's a big if) I will have to see him because I am so high risk.

    Congrats on your g/g/b triplets!!! How exciting! What week are you? Keep us updated, each week is such a milestone when you're dealing with multiples!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 14 weeks now. We are thinking Avery Jane and Layla Sue for the girls. Jane after my mom and Sue after My mother in laws maiden name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute names!!! Any boy name ideas? How exciting! I love naming babies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to add that the target is to carry them 34-36 weeks. Dr. Saldana said his hope is 36. That would be June 10. The day after my moms birthday! I'm gonna try my best to grow them big and strong and keep them in as long as I can : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Marilee! Melanie told me you had a blog about the babes and I was so excited :) Congratulations on 3 growing healthy babies! THREE! Can't wait to follow your journey!.. I have a blog too if you wanna see my three :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilee I am so glad all is going well for you:) You are so blessed and in my prayers daily. Yay for 2 girls and 1 boy I'll continue to follow your blog love ya AWare

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adam is thinking Errol Clark for the boy. We agreed I pick the girls and he picks the boys. Not my favorite pick, but I'm sure it will grow on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marilee
    Hey, June 10th is my birthday!! Congratulations on having at least one boy. I know one person who is going to spoil him, grandpa Jernee! Love you and Adam and Jozey lots and will continue to pray for healthly, long term pregnancy.
    Love you
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marilee, love the blog...thanks for sharing. I think it is interesting, exciting and amazing. Best wishes!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete