Monday, January 18, 2010

The Restrictions Begin...

This post may be a little TMI. Over the weekend I started feeling some pressure between my legs, kinda like menstrual pressure. I didn't think much about it because it didn't really hurt and I felt the same thing my last pregnancy just later. Someone at work said I should call my doctor so I did. I was surprised when they called back and said, "The dr wants to see you RIGHT NOW." I left work and went to his office at Kettering. All three babies are fine but the lowest one, Errol's, placenta is laying right on my cervix. They call this placenta previa. He said it's just a slight case right now. No bleeding or cramping which is good. My cervix is 3.8cm long and still closed, but as a precaution he told me to cut back to two 8 hour shifts a week instead of two 12s. Not sure what this means for my position at work yet, but these babies are whats important. I'm also supposed to put my feet up during my entire lunch and whenever else possible. So I'm going to make it my job to rest as much as possible when I'm not working. He said he would give me two weeks to prove I can take it easy and he will check things again at my next appointment, which is February 3. Keep the prayers coming :)

7 comments:

  1. how nerve-wracking, but I am so glad you didn't ignore symptoms (like I did) until it was too late. I am glad you went to your doctor today! :)

    How do you like Dr.Saldana? Does he seem to "know his stuff" about high risk pregnancies? I know he is a Peri/MFM, but are you impressed with him? Just curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear things are still ok. I know it is hard to rest with a toddler running around. I'm sure Adam will be the hero he always has been:)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill-I really like Dr. Saldan. He ran the high-risk center/dept at UC and has delivered hundreds of multiples. Neither dr is new, it's just a new practice. He's a big guy, but very soft spoken and comforting.

    Beth-He is a great guy isn't he? Don't know why one of you DQ girls didn't snatch him up before I did :) Well, i guess a couple did snatch him up, but no one was lucky enough to get to keep him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it is a good thing you "listened" to your body! Glad everything is OK. I am sure it is hard for you to rest with still having to take care of Jozey, but I know you will do your best for those little babies :) I would be happy to bring you a meal sometime too whenever you need it. Did you say you have a friend that will be organizing it? Count me in! I love hearing your updates. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are doing ok with meals now, but the time will come I'm sure. I will be sure to let everyone know... Even though I will hate to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitly keepin you in my prayers. As hard as it is just try to remain positive God is good and everything will be ok. If you need anything please let me know I'm willin to help with anything. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you'll stay on top of things since you have a lot of medical knowledge. When your parents, Jason, Dawn and boys were here Sat. everything was going along fine with you and the triplets. Sorry to hear you had a little problem with Errol but the doctor seems to know what's best for you. Wish we didn't live 70+ miles apart so I could be there to help. We'll keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete