Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Had a scary night and day yesterday. Woke up Tuesday morning with a large amount of vomiting. They had giving my a sleeping pill and some pain medication the night before for some contractions. After getting sick, they gave me phenergan. Soon after that, I started regular painful contractions so they started me on magnesium sulfate to stop them. That meant a foley catheter and strict bedrest. If you've ever had mag before, you understand
The awful day that followed. I was awake an hr or less all day. Hot flashes, dizziness, couldn't think straight, heart palpitations. It was awful. The weirdest was having hot eyelids. The day went on and the contractions got better then worse. I ended up being transferred to Miami Valley Hospital by ambulance at about ten last night because the neonatologist decided they didn't want to deliver me at 28 wks and 5 days if this was leading into real labor. Never had any cervical changes though. No contractions all night and nurse just came in and turned off mag and took out my foley! We meet the dr today and will discuss the best plan for me and the babies. Loved being at Kettering, but will stay here if it's best for us all.

4 comments:

  1. Mar so glad you are feeling some better and those little ones are still hanging inside:) i had called in and gotten everyone lined up to get the best for you and them. Keep me informed and let me know if they are going to deliver. I work tomorrow so i will try to stop in and see you. Let me know if you need anything. Love and continued prayers to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marilee we are praying for you guys and those babies. Hang in there and get lots of rest and let us know if there is anything we can do.


    Matt and Joey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Yes, Mag is the worst! I had flushed red checks, so dizzy and felt out of it the whole time! But, if it actually haulted your contractions, that is the best thing! Glad they stopped, my contractions could not be stopped, but I had cervical dialation to 7 c.m.

    As for Miami Valley, I could not speak any more highly of them and their NICU! STAY THERE! Their NICU is phenomenal and has been for a decade or more! Seriously, I would stay there HANDS DOWN over going back to Kettering! Just wanted to give you my opinion! They took AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME care of my 25 weekers! Much of Carter and Addison's excellent health is owed to MVH! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilee, hang in there! Dr McKenna and Dr Kovac at MVH took care of me when I was pregnant. I couldn't say a bad thing about them. You are in good hands. If you are still here Sunday let me know and I will come visit you before I go in to work. Lots of prayers for you and those amazing little babies! Love, Stephani

    ReplyDelete