Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hooray Little Layla!!!

So today took a suprising turn when I got a call from my dr this morning. He said that he reviewed my chart with his partner and a neonatologist last night and they felt that I needed to come back in today and recheck Laylas cord flow and if it was still sluggish I would need to go to Miami Valley and have them today. Kettering cannot deliver less than 30 weeks yet because to get their level 3 certification they have to have a couple more specialized neonatologists, like cardiology and nephrology. Adam came home from work and we took Jozey to moms and Adams mom is picking her up from there. When we got to the dr and they checked Layla we were pleasantly suprised to find her flow had improved. No delivery today!!! If I would have to go the Miami Valley, my dr cannot deliver them because he doesn't have privilages there. I don't like that at all. Adam, Dr. Saldana, and I all agreed that the best place for me to be was in the hospital, so I'm in Labor and Delivery at Kettering and will stay here till at least Monday but maybe for two weeks till I make it to 30 weeks. Glad i decided to pack everyones bags yesterday :) I will welcome visitors this time. This could get pretty boring. Boring is better than having two pound babies though.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that the appointment was so positive. I will be thinking of you and Adam. Good Luck!!!!
    Beth Pryor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew... I was in the hospital for 2 weeks before my boys were born. Try to sleep as much as you can. It helps pass the time. I also recommend trying to get a lap top if you don't have one already so you can surf the internet or play games. That really helped me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Mar and babies! I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Jill took my laptop to you just in time, huh? Hang in there as you've already come a long way. We'll keep praying for you. Love ya Grandma Saunders

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH!!! Getting down to the "end" then, huh?! That's exciting! That's great that you didn't have to deliver today :)I would give the same advice as all the others.. sleep..sleep...sleep

    ReplyDelete